• CENTRAL OREGON'S LARGEST QUILT SHOP! | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75 | BUY ONLINE, PICK UP IN-STORE! •
Click Image to Enlarge
Points & Long Angles-presented by A Quilter's Lumberyard, Saturday, October 12, 10am - 3:30pm
SKU as configured
Pre-requisite for this class: EXPERIENCED BEGINNER plus familiarity with Quilter’s Lumberyard® Intro & Quilt Gallery is helpful, although not required.
Star shapes with long points add an attractive dimensional precision to your blocks and sometimes create optical illusions that dance across your quilt. These unusual blocks are surprisingly easy to achieve with “raw lumber” and the Tri-Recs™ templates from EZ Quilting. When paired, a “tri” unit and two “recs” units always make a triangle within-a-square and when two “recs” units are paired, they create a two-part rectangle twice as tall as it is wide. These two units fit perfectly with the lumberyard proportions you already know and will add incredible variety to your lumberyard blocks.
You can make unique blocks with the Tri-Recs™ templates but combining them with other lumberyard blocks and other EZ templates will amaze you. In this class you will:
• cut Tri units and Rec units from 4 ½” “raw lumber” strips.
• accurately construct triangle within-a-square and two-part rectangle units.
• construct at least four different blocks using the new units.
• apply “paper lumber,” group discussion, and sketching to brainstorm more ways to use the Tri-Recs™ tools with your lumberyard scraps.