• CENTRAL OREGON'S LARGEST QUILT SHOP! | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75 | BUY ONLINE, PICK UP IN-STORE! •
Click Image to Enlarge
Kaleido Kindling-presented by A Quilter's Lumberyard, Tuesday, June 11, 1pm - 5pm
SKU as configured
Pre-requisites: None, although familiarity with Quilter’s Lumberyard® Intro & Quilt Gallery plus Construction Zone Workshop is helpful.
Did you play with kaleidoscopes as a child? The intricacy of the patterns formed inside these classic toys is intriguing and beautiful. It should come as no surprise that these toys are the inspiration for stunning kaleidoscope quilt patterns! Kaleidoscope quilt blocks are often paper-pieced or pieced on a fabric foundation. We will “free-piece” our blocks without a foundation.
In this class you will:
• Use a template to cut shapes from raw lumber, which serve as base units for kaleidoscope quilt blocks.
• Choose kindling strips to complete the kaleidoscope units.
• Complete at least one 16” kaleidoscope diamond block toward construction of a sample, wall hanging or larger project.
• View and discuss alternative designs that use kindling and the same base unit shape.
$10 template set purchased from instructor on day of class.